Everything You Need to Know About an Engagement Photoshoot in London- Practical Advice from a London Engagement Photographer
Being full of history, culture, amazing parks, and architecture, London is one of the most romantic and diverse capitals in the world, so I can’t imagine a better place to be a London engagement photographer than here. And I couldn’t agree more with Paddington Bear who once said: “In London, everyone is different, and that means anyone can fit in.”
Countless couples – both local and visiting – choose London as their engagement photography location. Whether having the photoshoot in the colorful streets of Notting Hill cool and funky Camden Town, the hidden Neal’s Yard or just simply hopping on a ferry along the Thames, it’s an incredibly romantic city to have a photoshoot in. Despite all the hustle and bustle of a city that’s always on the move, I – Janis Ratnieks photographer am stopping the time in the most beautiful of ways.
How to Plan an Engagement Photoshoot: Practical Advice from a London Engagement Photographer
To stick to an Engagement plan we need to have one. To get you started, here are some tips on how to turn your engagement photo ideas into reality.
How to choose a location for your Engagement photoshoot in London
If London is your place of choice for a photo shoot, first you need to decide which direction to go – are there the countless London iconic landmarks you’d like in your photos, or if you prefer something off the beaten track for your photos? Here I’ll propose some options for both.
6 Engagement Photo Session Location Ideas in London to Consider
1. The place where the first something happened (took place):
Nothing can beat the sentimental value of a location where your love story first blossomed. Whether it’s the café where you had your first date, the park where you shared your first kiss, or the street where you exchanged your first “I love yous,” capturing these moments in photographs will bring back a flood of cherished memories. As a London engagement photographer, I’ve had the privilege of capturing countless love stories that began in unique and meaningful locations throughout the city.
2. Your favorite place to hang out together:
London offers a myriad of spots where couples can enjoy each other’s company. If you have a favorite café where you love sipping tea or a park with stunning architecture that holds a special place in your heart, let’s incorporate it into your engagement photoshoot. These locations reflect your shared interests and the things you love doing together, making them ideal backdrops for capturing the essence of your relationship.
3. At home:
There’s an undeniable charm and intimacy in photographing couples in the comfort of their own homes. If London is your home, then it’s the perfect place to capture candid, relaxed, and authentic moments. Home is where you can truly be yourselves, and I strive to capture those genuine emotions in every frame. Whether it’s lounging on the couch or cooking together in the kitchen, these photos will have a unique and personal touch.
4. Go places you’ve never been in London:
London is a city with endless hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Together, we can venture off the beaten path and find lesser-known locations that will add a sense of adventure and excitement to your engagement photos. From charming alleyways adorned with street art to serene gardens tucked away from the hustle and bustle, these hidden spots provide a fresh perspective on the city and create unique images that stand out from the crowd.
5. Most photogenic Landmarks of London:
It’s hard to resist the allure of London’s iconic landmarks, and incorporating them into your engagement photo shoot can result in breathtaking images. From the grandeur of the Tower Bridge to the timeless elegance of Big Ben, these landmarks add a touch of romance and history to your love story. However, as your engagement photographer, I’ll ensure we carefully plan the shoot to comply with any location restrictions, so we can capture the essence of these landmarks without any hindrance.
London is not just a city; it’s a treasure trove of memories, experiences, and love stories waiting to be captured in photographs. By selecting locations that hold sentimental value, embracing new discoveries, and incorporating iconic landmarks, your engagement photo shoot in London will be a testament to the unique love story you share. As your London engagement photographer, my aim is to make this experience enjoyable, relaxed, and unforgettable, so we can create timeless images that celebrate the magic of your love. Let’s embark on this adventure together and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Top 28 Best Photo Locations in London – in a Random Order from a London Engagement photographer’s perspective
- St Paul’s Cathedral – the outside part of the cathedral, front stairs: The stunning architecture of St Paul’s Cathedral provides a grand backdrop for your engagement photoshoot. The front stairs offer a classic and elegant setting, and the absence of crowds during early mornings or rainy days allows for intimate and romantic shots.
- Notting Hill – Colorful Streets and Mews: Notting Hill’s vibrant and pastel-colored houses create a whimsical atmosphere that complements any love story. Strolling hand in hand through its charming streets and hidden mews, you’ll find endless opportunities for unique and captivating photographs.
- Tower Bridge – On the Thames Path: Capture the iconic Tower Bridge while walking along the Thames Path. This location showcases the bridge’s majestic beauty and allows for picturesque shots with the River Thames flowing beneath, symbolizing the journey of love.
- Covent Garden – Piazza and Market Halls: The lively energy of Covent Garden’s piazza and the bustling market halls provide a dynamic setting for your engagement photoshoot. The blend of street performers, vibrant storefronts, and historic architecture adds charm and character to your images.
- South Bank – Millennium Bridge and City Skyline: For a modern and captivating backdrop, head to the South Bank. The Millennium Bridge leading towards the city skyline offers a blend of contemporary and traditional elements, capturing the essence of London’s dynamic spirit.
- Primrose Hill – Panoramic City Views: For breathtaking panoramic views of London, Primrose Hill is the place to be. With the city’s skyline in the background, you and your partner can embrace it while the sunset paints the sky with warm hues, creating romantic and unforgettable photographs.
- Leadenhall Market – Victorian Covered Market: Leadenhall Market’s ornate Victorian architecture provides a touch of old-world charm. Its covered walkways, cobbled streets, and quaint shops offer a unique setting reminiscent of a bygone era, making it ideal for capturing timeless moments.
- The Shard – View from Borough Market: Head to Borough Market for a view of London’s iconic skyscraper, The Shard. The juxtaposition of the market’s bustling atmosphere with the sleek and modern architecture of The Shard creates a captivating urban setting.
- Hampstead Heath – Natural Beauty: Escape the city’s hustle and bustle by visiting Hampstead Heath. Its vast green spaces, tranquil ponds, and ancient woodlands offer a serene backdrop for romantic and intimate engagement photographs.
- Neal’s Yard – Colorful Courtyard: Neal’s Yard is a hidden gem known for its vibrant and colorful courtyard. The eclectic mix of buildings painted in vivid hues provides a playful and whimsical atmosphere, perfect for capturing joyful and carefree moments.
- Buckingham Palace – The Gates and Victoria Memorial: As a symbol of royalty and elegance, Buckingham Palace is a must-include location for your engagement photoshoot. The iconic gates and the majestic Victoria Memorial set the stage for regal and sophisticated photographs.
- Richmond Park – Nature and Wildlife: Richmond Park’s serene landscapes, ancient oak trees, and roaming deer offer a picturesque escape within the city. This location invites you to immerse yourselves in nature while your photographer captures genuine and tender moments.
- Camden Lock – Canal Boats and Street Art: Camden Lock’s vibrant atmosphere, bustling canal boats, and eclectic street art provide a unique and edgy backdrop for couples with a taste for alternative and urban aesthetics.
- The British Museum – Great Court: The Great Court of the British Museum, with its striking glass roof and impressive architecture, offers a blend of history and modernity. It’s an elegant setting to capture your love story amidst centuries of culture and knowledge.
- Regent’s Park – Queen Mary’s Rose Garden: Stroll through the enchanting Queen Mary’s Rose Garden in Regent’s Park, where colorful blooms and sweet scents create a romantic and idyllic atmosphere for your engagement photoshoot.
- Columbia Road Flower Market – Floral Paradise: For couples who appreciate the beauty of flowers, the Columbia Road Flower Market is a dream location. The bustling market with its abundance of flowers creates a colorful and lively setting to celebrate your love.
- The Natural History Museum – Hintze Hall: The grandeur of Hintze Hall in the Natural History Museum, with its soaring arches and awe-inspiring exhibits, offers an enchanting setting to capture love in a space filled with history and wonder.
- Kensington Gardens – Italian Gardens: The Italian Gardens in Kensington Gardens feature classical sculptures, serene fountains, and immaculate flowerbeds. It’s an exquisite location that exudes elegance and tranquility.
- Shoreditch – Street Art and Graffiti: Shoreditch’s vibrant street art scene provides a dynamic and edgy backdrop for couples seeking a more unconventional and artistic engagement photoshoot.
- The Barbican Centre – Brutalist Architecture: The Barbican Centre’s Brutalist architecture presents a unique blend of geometric shapes and concrete structures, creating a contemporary and striking setting for your photos.
- Sky Garden – Panoramic City Views: Located atop the Walkie Talkie building, the Sky Garden offers stunning 360-degree views of London. This glass-enclosed space provides an elegant and modern backdrop for capturing your love story against the city’s skyline.
- Greenwich Park – Maritime Charm: Greenwich Park’s maritime history and sweeping views of the River Thames offer a timeless and romantic setting for your engagement photoshoot.
- Somerset House – Fountain Court: Somerset House’s Fountain Court, with its neoclassical architecture and elegant fountains, provides a sophisticated and picturesque location for capturing your love in a refined and cultured ambiance.
- Little Venice – Canal Boats and Waterside Charm: Experience the charm of Little Venice, where narrow boats line the picturesque canals. This romantic and quaint location offers a peaceful escape from the city’s hustle.
- The Houses of Parliament – Westminster Bridge: The iconic view of the Houses of Parliament from Westminster Bridge is a quintessential London landmark. Capture your love story with this majestic backdrop, which represents the city’s rich history.
- The Serpentine Bridge – Hyde Park: The Serpentine Bridge in Hyde Park offers a serene setting with the water’s reflection, lush greenery, and beautiful swans, providing a picturesque scene for your engagement photoshoot.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum – Sculpture Gallery: The Victoria and Albert Museum’s sculpture gallery provides a sophisticated and artistic backdrop for capturing your love amidst timeless works of art.
- The National Gallery – Trafalgar Square: The grandeur of Trafalgar Square and the impressive facade of The National Gallery create a regal and majestic ambiance for your engagement photoshoot.
There are many more – just pick some of them, add some of your own and I’ll make a plan of what light works where, and where we’ll go first and last. You should always consider the light, time of day, and traffic – it’s important to use time wisely, not sitting in a traffic jam.
A One-Day London Photography Tour example: Capturing the Best Photo Locations with London Engagement Photographer
Are you ready for an unforgettable photography adventure through the vibrant streets of London? In this one-day journey, we’ll explore the city’s most photogenic locations, capturing the essence of its iconic landmarks, hidden gems, and cultural treasures. Get your camera ready as we embark on a visual feast that will leave you with a collection of stunning images to cherish forever.
1. Morning at Tower Bridge:
Our day begins bright and early at Tower Bridge, one of London’s most recognizable landmarks. As the sun rises over the River Thames, we’ll capture the bridge in all its majestic splendor. The soft morning light adds a romantic touch to the scene, making it the perfect backdrop for some breathtaking shots.
2. The Historic Streets of Notting Hill:
Next, we’ll make our way to the charming neighborhood of Notting Hill. Its colorful houses and quaint streets provide a picturesque setting, perfect for capturing the essence of London’s classic charm. We’ll stroll through Portobello Road Market, capturing the vibrant atmosphere and unique characters along the way.
3. Serenity at Kyoto Garden in Holland Park:
Escape the bustling city for a moment of tranquility at Kyoto Garden in Holland Park. This Japanese-style garden boasts picturesque ponds, lush greenery, and serene bridges, making it an ideal spot for capturing nature’s beauty in the heart of London.
4. The Majesty of Buckingham Palace:
A trip to London wouldn’t be complete without visiting Buckingham Palace. As the official residence of the British monarch, its grand architecture and impressive gates make for an awe-inspiring photo opportunity. We’ll capture the changing of the guard ceremony, adding a touch of regal elegance to our photo collection.
5. Picnic at Hyde Park:
Let’s take a break and enjoy a delightful picnic in Hyde Park. This expansive green oasis offers plenty of photogenic spots, from the serene Serpentine Lake to the beautiful Rose Garden. While you savor your picnic treats, I’ll be on the lookout for candid moments and captivating shots that showcase your connection as a couple.
6. Romantic Moments at Covent Garden:
Our next stop is Covent Garden, a bustling hub of entertainment and creativity. The cobbled streets, historic market halls, and street performers provide an enchanting setting for capturing moments of joy and love. We’ll also visit the beautiful floral displays at Neal’s Yard, adding a burst of color to our collection.
7. Sunset at the South Bank:
As the day draws to a close, we’ll head to the South Bank for a spectacular sunset photoshoot. The illuminated city skyline, the London Eye, and the Millennium Bridge create a magical backdrop for romantic and awe-inspiring images. As the city lights up, we’ll capture the beauty of London’s evening ambiance.
8. Nighttime at Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament:
Our final stop is the iconic Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. The illuminated clock tower against the night sky offers a majestic and unforgettable scene. We’ll capture the essence of London’s historic charm under the stars, bringing our one-day photography tour to a magnificent conclusion.
6. Rent a Beautiful Hotel Room for Your Engagement Photoshoot in London
If you have a penchant for exquisite interior design and wish to elevate your engagement photoshoot experience, consider renting a luxurious hotel room in one of London’s finest boutique hotels. These elegant establishments offer a blend of sophistication, style, and comfort, providing the perfect backdrop for capturing your love in a setting that exudes romance and luxury. Here is a curated shortlist of my favorite London hotels, each boasting unique features that will make your engagement photoshoot a truly memorable and enchanting affair.
1. The Ned:
Located in the heart of the City of London, The Ned is a stunning hotel housed in a historic building with a remarkable 1920s design. The Art Deco-inspired interiors, elegant marble floors, and opulent chandeliers create an ambiance reminiscent of the golden age of travel. The Ned’s plush suites offer the perfect blend of vintage charm and modern amenities, making it an ideal location for capturing timeless and glamorous engagement photographs.
2. Ham Yard Hotel:
Nestled in the vibrant neighborhood of Soho, Ham Yard Hotel boasts bold and contemporary design, featuring striking patterns, vibrant colors, and eclectic artwork. Its rooftop terrace and courtyard garden offer delightful settings for capturing candid moments amidst lush greenery and urban charm. Whether you choose the rooftop with city views or the whimsical bowling alley, your photos will reflect the playful yet sophisticated spirit of this unique hotel.
For those seeking the epitome of classic luxury, Claridge’s is a London institution. This iconic Mayfair hotel exudes timeless elegance and refined sophistication. The lavish suites, adorned with sumptuous fabrics, antique furnishings, and exquisite details, provide a sense of grandeur and opulence that is perfect for creating a fairytale-like atmosphere in your engagement photos.
4. The Rosewood London:
Step into a world of contemporary British luxury at The Rosewood London. This stunning hotel blends historic charm with modern design, offering beautiful spaces like the Mirror Room with its gilded ceiling and grand staircase. The charming courtyard is an ideal spot for capturing intimate moments surrounded by architectural beauty.
5. The Curtain:
Located in trendy Shoreditch, The Curtain is a stylish hotel that reflects the vibrant energy of its surroundings. Its eclectic interiors, chic rooftop pool, and urban views offer a modern and edgy backdrop for capturing the essence of contemporary London in your engagement photographs.
6. The Mandrake:
For a touch of enchantment and mystique, consider The Mandrake. This boutique hotel in Fitzrovia boasts an enchanting courtyard garden filled with lush greenery and intriguing sculptures. The interiors are adorned with captivating artwork and unique design elements, making it an ideal choice for couples who seek a more artistic and surreal ambiance.
7. The Lanesborough:
As one of London’s most luxurious hotels, The Lanesborough offers an indulgent setting for your engagement photoshoot. The Regency-style interiors, richly decorated suites, and panoramic views of Hyde Park set the stage for capturing a sense of timeless romance and elegance.
Renting a beautiful hotel room in one of London’s best design boutique hotels elevates your engagement photoshoot to a level of sophistication and allure that will be cherished for a lifetime. Each of these hotels on the shortlist exudes its unique charm and provides an enchanting backdrop for capturing your love story. Whether you prefer the classic elegance of Claridge’s, the contemporary chic of The Ned, or the artistic allure of The Mandrake, your chosen hotel will enhance the beauty and intimacy of your engagement photos. Prepare to be mesmerized by the luxurious settings, impeccable design, and timeless elegance that these hotels have to offer as you embark on a photography journey that celebrates the magic of your love against the backdrop of London’s most alluring boutique hotels.
TOP 16 London’s Best Design Boutique Hotels from a London Engagement Photographer’s Perspective
- The Rookery
- Batty Langley’s
- The Zetter Townhouse
- Dean Street Townhouse
- One Aldwych
- Covent Garden Hotel
- The Goring Hotel
- The Connaught Hotel
- Twenty Nevern Square
- The Stafford London by Kempinski
- The Portobello
- The Gore
- No 11 Cadogan Gardens
- 40 winks
When is the best time to take engagement photos in London?
Well, if you’ve chosen to take photos near landmarks or other busy places then my answer would be to wake up early to be in the crowds, preferably on a working day, as during weekends and bank holidays streets are packed with people. But then again, there are always people in London, so we just have to work with them. If we stick to mornings, we can take advantage of the beautiful morning light. Every morning joggers will attest to that. late afternoon is also excellent for shooting – although streets will usually be more crowded than morning, the late afternoon light has its charm when the sun goes lower, colors turn more golden, and the direct light gets diffused in the pollution. It sounds harsh but looks good in photos.
Nighttime engagement photoshoot
If you’re after night photos then I recommend shooting later in the autumn when it gets dark sooner and is not that cold yet, or during the winter when everything is set and lit up for Christmas – that’s a great time for engagement photos – festive lights just add to the feeling of pictures. Although a bit chilly, if you dress up properly, then the weather shouldn’t be a problem.
Spring is always a good choice – with everything blooming usually starting in March throughout April and early May – parks are in full bloom and the weather is generally dryer. If you ask me, I’d recommend doing engagement shoots in March, April, May, all summer, September, October, and December.
What to wear for engagement photos in London?
What to wear at any particular event is a dilemma we all, especially women face almost every day. So deciding what to wear for your engagement photo shoot is no exception. Here are some style tips I as an engagement photographer will recommend for you.
1. Classic Elegance:
For a timeless and sophisticated look, consider dressing in classic, elegant attire. Opt for tailored suits and formal dresses in neutral tones or soft pastels. The groom can don a sharp navy suit with a crisp white shirt, while the bride can choose a flowing gown with delicate lace detailing. This theme complements the grandeur of iconic London landmarks, creating a sense of regal romance.
2. Casual Chic:
If you prefer a more relaxed and modern vibe, go for casual chic outfits that exude effortless style. The groom can wear tailored trousers paired with a stylish button-down shirt, while the bride can opt for a flowy midi dress or a bohemian-inspired jumpsuit. Accessorize with statement pieces, like a bold hat or trendy sunglasses, to add a touch of personality to your photos.
3. Vintage Glamour:
Step back in time with a vintage glamour theme. Embrace the elegance of the past by dressing in retro-inspired clothing. The groom can rock a dapper three-piece suit with a pocket watch, while the bride can shine in a tea-length or mermaid-style gown adorned with intricate beading and lace. Add vintage props, like an antique suitcase or classic car, to enhance the theme further.
4. Casual Coziness:
Capture the warmth of your love with a cozy and casual photoshoot theme. Dress in comfy, warm clothing, perfect for an autumn or winter engagement session in London. Consider layering up with chunky knits, scarves, and stylish jackets. This theme is ideal for candid shots in parks or charming streets, creating a relaxed and intimate atmosphere.
5. London Street Style:
Embrace the city’s vibrant culture and fashion-forward atmosphere with a London street-style theme. Dress in trendy, urban outfits that reflect your individual tastes. Mix and match bold patterns, textures, and colors for an eclectic and edgy look. The streets of Shoreditch or Camden provide the ideal backdrop for this trendy theme.
6. Floral Delight:
Celebrate the beauty of London’s gardens and parks with a floral delight theme. Wear outfits adorned with floral prints or incorporate flower crowns and boutonnieres into your ensemble. This theme pairs well with locations like Kew Gardens or Queen Mary’s Rose Garden in Regent’s Park, creating a romantic and dreamy ambiance.
7. Royal Affair:
Pay homage to London’s royal heritage with a royal affair theme. Dress like modern-day royalty with elegant gowns, tailored suits, and refined accessories. Head to Buckingham Palace or Kensington Gardens to capture the essence of regal romance in your engagement photos.
8. Monochrome Magic:
Create a striking and timeless look with a monochrome magic theme. Dress in black and white ensembles to emphasize the contrast and sophistication of your love story. This theme is perfect for chic, cityscape backdrops, highlighting your connection against the urban landscape.
9. Nautical Romance:
Celebrate London’s maritime history with a nautical romance theme. Opt for navy and white outfits with subtle nautical touches, like striped patterns or anchor accessories. Consider locations near the River Thames or Little Venice for a maritime-inspired engagement photoshoot.
10. Cultural Fusion:
London’s diverse culture inspires a beautiful fusion of styles. Embrace your cultural backgrounds and blend them into your clothing choices. Incorporate traditional elements, colors, or textiles that represent your heritage while celebrating your love story against the backdrop of the multicultural city.
Whichever theme resonates with you as a couple, remember to choose outfits that make you feel comfortable, and confident, and truly represent your unique love story. Whether you prefer timeless elegance, modern trends, or a blend of cultural influences, your clothing choices will enhance the beauty and magic of your engagement photoshoot in the heart of London.
Your theme can be anything you desire. You can start with a simple concept, such as “A romantic picnic in a park” – from there we can decide to go with something casual but romantic looking outfit. Romantic pastel colors, skirts, and dresses for the bride or jeans or other fabric trousers for the groom-to-be. Natural makeup and hairstyle. The location is a park, say Primrose Hill, nothing too complicated; you simply generate an idea and then organize everything else accordingly – to match your vision of the feel necessary.
2. Be yourself
Forget the rules, if you like something, wear it. After all, I’m taking photos of you, and, if that’s who you are, I’m totally fine with that. You should feel comfortable and act normal, you should look and feel yourself but give me your best. Outfit choices that are outside your comfort zone will make you appear and feel more nervous in photographs.
3. Choose Vintage
Vintage suits London as London is full of history. So wearing a part of history might suit the photoshoot location perfectly. Pair your vintage clothes with some modern accessories and you’ll look unique but not weird. Or, in contrast – pair your modern clothes with a unique vintage accessory like a hat, purse, scarf, tie, or jewelry. There are many pros of wearing vintage on your engagement photoshoot not even mentioning that Vintage is more sustainable than fast fashion.
4. Don’t match. Coordinate.
Don’t match your clothes in the sense that you are not twins or one of you forced another one to wear something he/she (maybe let’s stick with “he” :)) doesn’t like or doesn’t suit him.
5. Think about the weather.
London’s weather is unpredictable or must I say – it’s constantly changing. You can get three different seasons in a day – a foggy morning, a rainy day, and a sunny afternoon. Go figure out what to wear. I suggest considering at least two different outfits for your photoshoot. You can get changed in a car or in a hotel. I always recommend taking an umbrella to your photoshoot in London, not the one with a Heineken ad on it, but something solid and beautiful. The best ones are Queen’s favorites – transparent ones – they don’t mess with the color of the skin, and they don’t add any color cast to your face.
How Much Does a London Engagement Photographer Cost?
When it comes to capturing the magic of your engagement in London, hiring a professional photographer ensures that your cherished moments are beautifully preserved for a lifetime. However, the cost of hiring a London engagement photographer can vary depending on various factors, including the duration of the photoshoot and additional services offered. Let’s delve into the typical pricing structures and options available to couples seeking a talented photographer to capture their love story.
1. Hourly Rates and Packages:
Engagement photographers often offer pricing based on hourly rates or predefined packages that cater to different needs and budgets. A typical engagement photoshoot can range from £900 for a three-hour session to £1700 for a full-day photo session.
2. Customizable Options:
To provide flexibility and tailor the experience to your preferences, many photographers offer customizable options. For instance, if you have specific locations or themes in mind for your engagement shoot, a photographer may be able to create a personalized package that meets your desires.
3. Split Sessions:
As mentioned, some photographers offer the option to split the engagement photoshoot into two parts. This approach has multiple benefits, including having one session in the afternoon and evening and the second session early the next morning. This not only allows for more variety of lighting conditions but also provides more time to adapt to changing weather conditions, ensuring you get the best possible shots.
4. Inclusive Services:
When discussing pricing with a London engagement photographer, it’s essential to inquire about the services included in the package. Some photographers may provide additional perks, such as retouching and editing services, an online gallery for easy sharing, or the option to purchase prints and albums.
5. Professional Experience:
The cost of an engagement photographer often reflects their level of expertise and experience. Hiring an experienced photographer may come with a higher price tag, but it ensures that you’re working with someone who knows how to capture the essence of your love story and produce high-quality, captivating images.
6. Booking in Advance:
To secure the services of your preferred photographer, it’s advisable to book well in advance, especially if you’re planning an engagement shoot during peak wedding season. Booking early can also give you the advantage of availing early-bird discounts or special offers.
7. Travel and Additional Expenses:
If your engagement photoshoot requires travel to multiple locations within or outside of London, there may be additional expenses for travel and accommodation. Discuss these details with your photographer to get a clear understanding of any extra costs involved.
In conclusion, hiring a London engagement photographer offers the opportunity to capture the beauty and romance of your love story in the iconic backdrop of this remarkable city. Prices can vary depending on the photographer’s experience, the duration of the shoot, and any additional services or customization you may require. Investing in a skilled photographer ensures that you’ll have stunning images that immortalize your love, providing cherished memories to look back on for years to come. Remember to book in advance, explore various packages, and communicate openly with your chosen photographer to create a personalized and memorable engagement photoshoot experience.
How is the final set of photos presented?
The result comes in two parts – first, you will receive a sneak peek about a week after the photoshoot. This usually contains 50 to 100 photos. Sometimes more, to be honest, I don’t count them, we just go with the flow, go through our favorite shots, and prioritize them. The final set is ready in about 6 to 8 weeks. The number of retouched photos varies depending on the length of the photoshoot – usually between 300 and 600 photos. Photos are uploaded to a password-protected online gallery and shared with you from there. You can share the gallery with your family or friends, or whoever you choose. You can order prints or download full-size files from there. Galleries are active for 6 months after they’re published.
How to book a London engagement photographer?
First of all, get in touch with your preferred date. If your chosen date is not available, then we’ll agree on another one, as with engagement shoots clients are usually flexible when it comes to dates. Then we agree on the theme, service, and required hours. The following step is to sign the agreement, and pay the 30% deposit and I’m all booked for you. The final balance is due a week before the photoshoot.
Can I print an album for my engagement photoshoot?
Yes, of course – there are several options that I provide – Asuka Book and Queensberry are among my favorites. As you’ll have the full-size files, you can design and print an album by yourself. Not a problem.
Book your London Engagement photographer now for 2023 and 2024
That’s it for now – I hope you’ve found this article helpful! I’m open to bookings for your engagement photoshoot – both in London or anywhere in the UK. Feel free to get in touch and check with any questions you have. Bookings for 2023 and 2024 are open.