Welcome to another fantastic day with me doing a pre-wedding photoshoot in Paris. Jocelyn and Rex came from Hong Kong for two pre-wedding photoshoots with me – one in Paris and the other one in London. Paris and Hong Kong, where they hail from, are like two different worlds.
They wanted to document the most important time in their relationship when they were just engaged and excited to see what the future held for them. They wanted to have these photos to always remember this time and how they felt about each other.
So, we wandered around the streets of Paris, visiting different sites and taking photos with the Eiffel Tower and other famous places in the city as our backdrop. We also spent time in Montmartre, admiring the view from the Sacre Coeur church and taking photos with a Paris panoramic backdrop. Montmartre is one of my favorite places in Paris.
Rainy photoshoot in Paris
So, what to do when it is raining during your pre-wedding photoshoot in Paris?
We still had some dry shots planned, so we started at The Jardin du Luxembourg. The Jardin du Luxembourg is always a great place for shooting, especially if you are a photographer. There is a lot of different greenery and a beautiful gazebo that you can use as a background and hide from the rain. Also, the leaves of trees serve as good umbrellas on rainy days. It’s also easy to find great spots around the park and it’s not as busy there as it is in front of the Eiffel Tower on weekends.
After shooting at The Jardin du Luxembourg we went to our second location – Montmartre. We took a couple of shots near Sacré-Cœur and then continued walking down the streets of Montmartre towards Pigalle (a famous red-light district). We found some nice places where they could have their pictures taken while it was raining and then continued walking down the streets of Pigalle.
I was showing them some places that are very popular among photographers, as well as some places that are not very popular, but still worth visiting.
In the end, we went to a café where we had coffee and took another bunch of good photography there. Cafes are also a good idea where to hide from the rain while making good photos.
Top 9 places for pre-wedding photo shoots in Paris
1. The Eiffel Tower– This is a true classic, and there are plenty of opportunities for great photos.
2. The Louvre– The glass pyramid is absolutely gorgeous and there are so many photo opportunities here. I like to take photos at the main entrance or in front of the pyramid from different angles; you can also shoot inside and look for interesting pieces of art that make great backgrounds.
3. The Seine River– You can enjoy walking along the shoreline and finding different photo spots with the water as your backdrop. There are also some amazing bridges that make for great photos!
- Pont Neuf- The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge over the River Seine in Paris, France. It leads to a small island on the River Seine called Île de la Cité.Cité, the island in the middle of the river.
- Passerelle Debilly- is a through arch bridge situated in Paris bestriding the Seine. It is a footbridge that connects the Quai de New York to the Quai Branly, close to the Eiffel Tower.
- Pont Des Arts- is another pedestrian bridge in Paris that crosses the Seine. It links the Institut de France and the Palais du Louvre.
- Pont Alexandre III- is the most luxurious bridge in Paris. It connects the Champs-Élysées quarter with those of the Invalides and Eiffel Tower.
- Pont de Bir-Hakeim – fis a bridge that crosses the Seine in Paris. It connects the 15th and 16th arrondissement, passing through the Île aux Cygnes. The bridge, made of steel.
4. Notre Dame Cathedral– The cathedral is huge, majestic, and has lots of places to take pictures inside and outside. There’s even a statue in front that makes for an awesome background! However, please keep in mind that there was a large fire in the building and that access to the church is limited due to construction. In 2024, the Notre Dame cathedral is expected to reopen to the public again.
5. The Arc de Triomphe- it’s a beautiful place to visit during the day and after dark! You can get awesome shots of the city from up top, too. This is one attraction you have to see at night!
6. The Paris Opera House– wow! this building is amazing, and you can take a lot of photos inside as well as outside. It also looks really cool at night too!
7. Montmartre– Whether it is the views of Paris or its basilica, this place has got everything you need to take a selfie. It doesn’t matter what your preference is!
8. Sorbonne district– Located in the 5th Arrondissement this district is full of beautiful buildings and beautiful architecture, which makes it a perfect place for taking pretty pictures. It also has a relaxing park where you can sit down to enjoy the view.
9. The Champs Elysées– In the evening, this street is full of life! There are lights from stores and people walking around. Take some shots here with a sense of vibrancy to them for your photos.
10. The Jardin du Luxembourg– a park located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, France. It is one of the largest and most beautiful parks in Paris. It is located south of the Palais du Luxembourg and the Sénat, west of the Cité Universitaire and east of rue de Vaugirard.
So – enjoy the shoot, there’s more to follow as we headed back to London for another pre-wedding photoshoot a few days later.
Thank you Rex and Jocelyn for making all the effort – you were absolute stars on the day and I can’t wait to meet you guys in Hong Kong.
Paris Pre-wedding photographer in France
And if you are looking for a Paris pre-wedding photographer in France or anywhere else around the world, please contact me at [email protected] or call +44 7979974527.
I have written an article on planning an Engagement photoshoot in London that you can explore here:
Or if you’d like to see more of my pre-wedding photoshoots in Europe, you can browse here: