Wedding In Portofino, Italy
I’d like to share this super cool Villa Durazzo wedding in Portofino, Italy. A wedding like this is like a fresh breath of southern air – hmm.. felt that salty air, memories are so vivid! Well, meet Anna and Brian at their absolutely stunning destination wedding in Portofino.
Yes, Portofino and Italy, in general, are great locations for a destination wedding. Although not as popular as France, Italy is number two on my destination wedding photography list – I’m there very, very often.
This was my fourth wedding in Portofino – I never get tired of going there, it’s that nice. It’s a place where pure luxury meets elegance – the tranquil surroundings, narrow streets, luxury hotels, the people – it all adds up and makes Portofino a great place for fabulous wedding photos and a great place to celebrate your wedding.
Getting Ready In Imperiale Palace Hotel
I was lucky enough to start off my day with the groom- Brian and the guys getting ready at Imperiale Palace Hotel. It’s a lovely hotel, the rooms are nice and the view is pretty spectacular!
Hotel Imperiale Portofino has an interesting history. Here are some interesting facts: The Imperial Suites, on the floor where nobility once lived, were full of famous writers and artists like Pirandello and Eleonora Duse. On April 16th, 1922, the Treaty of Rapallo was signed in the Oval Room, which ended WW1. Now a hotel, The Imperiale Palace satisfies the most demanding client and takes one back to memorable times.
Back to the wedding. The guys were very relaxed and it was a pleasure to work with them on the day. We did some fun shots in front of the Hotel, then we got into a car and drove up to Anna’s hotel where she was getting ready for her big day.
The Hotel Splendido is a great place to stay. You will be in a scenic location with the most beautiful views imaginable!
The Hotel Splendido is not your average hotel. It’s a great place to stay, but it has more than just beautiful views. The owners are passionate about their work and they’re eager to show you how much they care with everything from the amazing service, excellent food, and breathtaking scenery that awaits you at this gorgeous location!
Anna was very excited about her wedding day and she looked amazing when I met her at Hotel Splendido, where she was getting ready with her girlfriends and two cute flower girls. The hotel is simply fantastic, the best in Portofino, one of the best in the World.
A short photoshoot later we went to the Villa Durazzo, our main wedding venue where the wedding ceremony took place. I always wish I had more time with clients for photos, and this indeed was the case. Don’t get me wrong, I’m very good and quick at what I do, but when the environment is this nice, I just want to shoot more and more.
Villa Durazzo wedding ceremony
Villa Durazzo is a perfect venue for weddings in Portofino. It has a beautiful location, amazing views, and beautiful gardens where the ceremony took place. It can host up to 200 guests. The villa served as the backdrop to Anna and Brian’s outdoor wedding ceremony. The villa, a building originally designed for living purposes, became the perfect setting for Anna and Brian to celebrate their love in front of all those who matter the most. The open-air ceremony space provided an intimate backdrop that created the perfect environment for such a special occasion. Following the ceremony, we went for a quick photoshoot and took some photos inside Villa Durazzo as well. So, if you are looking for a place where to have your wedding ceremony in Italy, Villa Durazzo is definitely worth considering!
Portofino wedding photo locations
Also, we took some wedding photos in Portofino, the town itself. The pictures turned out really well and the couple was happy with them.
If you’re planning a wedding in Portofino and are looking for some inspiration, here are some of the best locations for a wedding photographer:
1. Villa Durazzo gardens – the best time to shoot is during sunset. The colors that you get in the sky will be just amazing!
2. Villa Durazzo terrace – this is an ideal location to take your bridal party shots, especially if you want to include the sea and the mountains in your photos.
3. Calata Piccola – this is one of my favorite places in Portofino, with its gorgeous views of both Portofino bay and the ocean this place will never disappoint!
4. Piazzetta San Giacomo – if you want to capture some of that famous Portofino charm, head over to Piazzetta San Giacomo with its cobblestone paths and tiny alleys that lead to cute little shops and restaurants.
5. Piazzetta San Martino – this is a beautiful little square, with stunning views of the church of San Martino and the sea.
6. Villa Cipressi – this is a gorgeous villa in Portofino, with a huge garden and stunning views of both Portofino bay and the ocean, it’s perfect for your wedding ceremony.
7. Via Roma – this street is full of shops and restaurants that are worth exploring! This street has some interesting architecture as well, so definitely worth taking some photos here!
8. Villa Carpenara – if you want to get away from all the tourists that swarm around Portofino during the summer months, head over to Villa Carpenara where you will find more peaceful surroundings (and also breathtaking views!).
9. Piazza Mazzini – this little square is just off Via Roma, it’s pretty much the same but with fewer tourists! If you want to take some photos with stunning views of the sea without all the people, this is a great place to go!
In the evening we had a reception at Hotel Splendido, where the guests enjoyed cocktails and dancing. The food was excellent.
Portofino and Italian riviera wedding photographer
And if you are looking for a Portofino and Italian riviera wedding photographer or anywhere else around the Mediterranean sea, please contact me at [email protected] or call +44 7979974527.
I can’t wait to shoot there soon.
You can see more of my weddings in Italy here: